December 14, 2011

The One You've Left Behind

I walk through door after door, room after room, each dimmer than the one before, and yet, what exactly am I looking for? My memory begins to fade and fail me. I have lost track of time and purpose as I stand here, in this final destination, a pitch-black void, waiting...and waiting for something, someone, to show me the way. There is nothing around me, not a single soul. 

'Touch this and you'll die.' 

A voice speaks in my mind. 

Hey! I see another door but my feet refuse to walk towards it. It's clearly the way out, dammit, and yet the mind refuses to believe. This feeling I have felt before, so long ago. I don't dare to open the door. What is behind the door? Why do I fear it? I hear the others, many voices, even laughter. The rest of the world is behind that door. I used to be on the other side. But now... Just go open it. No. Never. 

Wait, who left me here? When did I start walking through all these doors and all these rooms? How did I end up here, alone, abandoned and left to fend for myself? But at least I feel safe here. It's only me. Well, and the darkness. It's just me and darkness. I can deal with the darkness. I like the darkness. I love the darkness.

No comments: